Redmi 8 Is Official: Dual Camera And 5000 mAh Battery At Just Rs.7999
Xiaomi has officially introduced the new budget smartphone Redmi 8. From the previously presented Redmi 8A, it has a dual main camera and an increased memory capacity.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 Specifications
- Screen: 6.22 inches HD Display
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 with Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal memory: 32/64 GB expandable
- Rear camera :
- Main: 12 MP Sony IMX363 sensor
- Secondary: 2 MP Wide angle sensor
- Front camera: 8 MP sensor
- Connectivity : Dual Nano-SIM, Dual 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5,000 mAh with 18W fast charge
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
The smartphone received a 6.22-inch display with a resolution of 1520 × 720 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The Snapdragon 439 processor, supplemented by 3 or 4 GB of RAM and 32 or 64 GB of internal memory, is responsible for the performance. There is a slot for microSD-cards. The battery is 5,000 mAh with 18 W fast charging via USB-C. The rear camera includes two sensors: the main one at 12 megapixels and an additional 2 megapixels for measuring the depth of field. For selfie, an 8-megapixel camera is located in the drop-shaped cutout of the screen.
A fingerprint scanner is provided on the back. The housing has a P2i coating for splash protection. Redmi 8 supports Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and GLONASS. Of course, there is no NFC chip. The only drawback is, as the battery capacity is more, it still includes a 10W charger only.
Redmi 8 will be available in Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Emerald Green, and Onyx Black, starting October 12 in India. Local prices are Rs.7999 for 3/32 GB and Rs.8,999 for 4/64 GB.