If you use an Android device, you may be familiar with Google Assistant. This voice-activated assistant can perform a variety of tasks, from setting alarms to checking the weather. While Google Assistant can be helpful, there are times when you may want to turn it off. In this blog post, we will show you how to turn off Google Assistant on your Android device.
What is Google Assistant?
Google Assistant is a voice-activated assistant that allows you to perform tasks, ask questions, and get information. You can activate Google Assistant by saying “OK Google” or “Hey Google.” Once activated, you can ask Google Assistant to do things like set a timer, send a text message, or play music. To turn off Google Assistant, simply say “Turn off Google Assistant.”
How to turn off Google Assistant on your Android device
If you’re not a fan of Google Assistant, you can disable it on your Android device. Here’s how:
1. Open the Google app on your device.
2. Tap the hamburger icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Tap “Settings.”
4. Scroll down and tap “Voice.”
5. Tap “OK Google detection.”
6. Toggle the switch off for “From any screen.”
7. You will still be able to access Google Assistant by pressing and holding the Home button on your device, but it will no longer pop up automatically when you say “Ok Google.”
How to disable Google Assistant
If you’re not a fan of Google Assistant, there’s no need to keep it enabled on your Android device. Here’s how to disable the digital assistant:
1. Open the Google app on your Android device.
2. Tap the hamburger icon in the top-left corner of the screen (three horizontal lines).
3. Scroll down and tap Settings.
4. Under “Device,” tap Assistant.
5. Tap the toggle next to “Assistant devices” to turn off Google Assistant on all devices linked to your Google account. Alternatively, you can turn off Google Assistant for individual devices by tapping the Devices tab and then toggling the switch next to each device listed.
In this article, we showed you how to turn off Google Assistant on your Android device. We also explained what Google Assistant is and why you might want to disable it. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.