How to Stop Pop Up Ads on Android Phone
If you are one of the users are using the major smartphone platform around the globe, then you may be facing popups in your Android device. Most of the users are not even having any idea about, where is this pop up coming from in your Android screen. Pop-Ups are basically the advertisements which blocks the view on your Android smartphone while using it. We have seen many requests about how to stop the pop-up ads on Android devices, don’t worry we got you covered and we have provided the guidelines for stopping the pop-up ads on Android devices from the browsers.
Guidelines for Disabling Pop Ups Ads in Google Chrome Browser for Android Devices:
Use these following guidelines for disabling pop up ads from Google Chrome browser on Android devices. Read the instructions carefully before applying these changes to your Android device.
- First, you need to open the Google Chrome browser from the app list of your Android device by tapping on the app icon.
- After the Google Chrome browser launches in your Android device, tap on the three vertical dots available in the top right corner of a screen to access the menu of the browser.
- From the dropdown menu tap on the settings option.
- After the settings page opens up, scroll down to locate the site settings option.
- Open the site settings option Android for the site setting page to open up on the screen.
- From the site settings page, tap on the popup option.
- Now disable the pop-up option from there in order to stop the pop-up ads on your Android devices.
Guidelines for Disabling Pop Ups Ads in Other Browsers on Android Devices:
Third party browsers aggressively lock pop-ups and advertisements in Android devices. Although there is no ad blocker plugin support in the mobile version of the Google Chrome browser. There is an ad blocker extension known as “Ghostery” which can be used in extension supported browsers for Android devices. By using the ad blocker extension, you can add an extra layer of security to your Android device by preventing the annoying pop-up ads on your Android device.
- Launch any extension supporting internet browser on your Android device.
- Now click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the browser screen to access browser menu.
- You will get to see the pop-up menu, from the pop-up menu select the settings option.
- From the settings menu go to the general tab and locate the block pop up option.
- Once you locate the block pop-ups option, enable the feature to block the popup ads in your Android device.
- Now use the same internet browser and click on the link provided below this article to open the download page of the extension.
- Download the “Ghostery” extension from the download page on your Android device.
- Now tap on the three vertical dots once again and select the settings option from there.
- On the settings page locate the extension option.
- Now tap on the extension option which will open the file explorer.
- Select the “Ghostery” ad-blocker extension which you have downloaded earlier.
- Wait for the Adblock extension to get installed in your third-party browser for Android devices.
- After the installation of the ad blocker extension is completed in your third-party browser, you will not be able to see any pop-up ads on your Android devices.
Download Link>> Ghostery Extension for Android Browser.
Ghostery Privacy Browser is one of the best browsers for private, fast, tracker free and ad-free mobile experience. No data is shared with anyone when you surf the web via this browser. When it blocks all the tracking code, the browsing experience becomes faster and easy.
Put an end to the pop-up ads on your Android devices, the annoying ads block the view of your Android screen when you are mostly using the device for something important. We have gathered various information about the pop-up ads on Android devices from the internet, we have also collected information from various Android users and provided them in this article for you. We have listed down two different guidelines for stopping pop up ads on Android devices. Share this useful article with others, so that they get to stop the annoying ads in their Android devices by referring to this article.