With the proliferation of Android devices, it’s no surprise that a lot of people don’t understand how to hard reset their phone. In this blog post, we will teach you how to do just that—all from your desktop computer. This is an incredibly useful skill for fixing problems on your Android device, as well as recovering data if something goes wrong. Don’t wait any longer—start learning how to hard reset your android phone today!
What is a hard reset?
A hard reset is a factory reset that completely erases all data on an Android device, including user apps, settings, and photos. A hard reset can be performed using a PC or an Android device’s built-in power button.
To perform a hard reset on an Android device using a PC:
1. Plug the Android device into a USB port on your computer.
2. Click the Start button, type “regedit” in the search box, and then click Regedit.
3. In the Registry Editor window, click File > New > Key (or press Ctrl+N).
4. Enter “HARD_RESET” as the name of the key, click OK, and then click File > Save As.
5. In the Save As dialog box, enter “regedit” in the File name field, click Save, and then close RegEdit.
6. On your Android device’s Settings screen (usually brought up by pressing Menu > Settings > System), tap Backup & Reset > Hard Reset (or press Power + Volume Down buttons together until you see Hard Reset option).
7. Tap Hard Reset to confirm your decision to wipe your phone clean. Your device will restart after the reset is complete…
How to do a hard reset on an android phone
If you are having trouble with your android phone and you are not sure how to do a hard reset, then follow these simple steps. First, turn off your android phone by pressing the power button for a few seconds. Then hold down the volume down and home buttons together until you see the Android system recovery screen. Use the volume up or down buttons to scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” and press the power button to select it. Press the volume up or down buttons to scroll to “yes” and press the power button to select it. Press the menu button and then choose “reboot system now”. After your android phone reboots, you will need to set it up from scratch.
How to do a hard reset on an apple iphone
If you are experiencing problems with your phone, such as it will not turn on or stay connected to a service, you may need to perform a hard reset. This is a process that can be done using a computer.
To do a hard reset on an apple iphone: 1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap General. 2. Tap Reset > Reset All Settings. 3. Follow the on-screen instructions. To do a hard reset on an android phone using pc: 1. First, make sure that you have enabled USB debugging on your android device. To do this, go to Settings->About Phone->Build Number and tap 7 times on the build number to enable developer options. 2. Next, open up a command prompt (or terminal) on your computer and change directories (cd) to where your android device is plugged in (e.g., C:\android). 3. Type adb reboot bootloader 4. Type fastboot oem get_unlock_code 5. Copy and paste the unlock code obtained from step 4 into the fastboot command line window (fastboot oem get_unlock_code). 6. hit enter 7. Your phone will now restart and will be restored to its factory settings
If your android phone is not responding or performing as it should, there might be a problem with the software or hardware. In some cases, a hard reset will fix these issues and get your Android phone back up and running like new. For those of you who are not familiar with how to perform a hard reset on an Android device, this guide will walk you through the process step by step.