How to Connect Android Smartphone to MacBook
In case you are searching for a way to connect Android smartphone with MacBook, then you need to use Android file transfer application which is an official application available for MacBook. It allows all the files in the Android smartphone to be transferred into your MacBook, you can even copy files from MacBook to Android smartphones also. This is one of the best ways to transfer music from iTunes library to an Android smartphone.
Guide to Connect Android Smartphone with MacBook:
Use these following guidelines for connecting Android smartphone to MacBook. Read the guidelines carefully before applying this procedure.
- First, you need to open the Safari browser on your MacBook.
- Now go to this following URL using the Safari browser, you need to type the URL in the address bar of the browser. https://www.android.com/filetransfer.
- Wait for the website to load up in your Safari browser, after its turn you will be able to see the download now button.
- Click on the download now button to download the Android file transfer application installation file.
- Now locate the androidfiletransfer.dmg from the downloads folder and click on it.
- Now you need to drag and drop the file into the applications folder in your MacBook.
- After all the above steps are completed, you need to connect your Android smartphone with your network using any USB cable.
- Once the Android smartphone is connected to the MacBook, make sure your Android screen is unlocked.
- Now you need to open the Android notification panel by swiping down on the screen.
- From the notification panel, you need to tap on the USB option to get the computer connection window.
- Choose the media device (MTP) option from the USB computer connection window.
- Now click on the go option from the menu and after the drop-down menu click on the applications option.
- After the applications window opens up, locate the Android file transfer application.
- Launch the Android file transfer application by double-clicking on the icon from the applications window.
- To transfer the files, you just need to drag the file to the Android storage displaying on the MacBook. Although you need to keep in mind that, transferable file sizes only possible if it is less than or similar to 4GB.
- Disconnect the Android smartphone with MacBook after all the above steps are completed.
Guide to Add iTunes Music Library to Android Smartphones:
If you want to transfer iTunes music from the library to your Android smartphone, then you need to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- First, you need to open the items by clicking on the items button from the dock.
- After the iTunes app opens, right click on any music file from there which you want to transfer.
- Once you right click on it you will get a dropdown menu from there you need to click on the show in finder option.
- The finder will open up the folder where all the music files are stored in your MacBook.
- You can either select a single music file, are you can select all the music files and drag and drop them into the Android window.
- You need to check your music player in your Android device, where you will find those music files.
Do let us know, this has worked for you or not in the comment section below and keep following us for more guides related to this.