How to Cast Android Screen to PC
After the latest update of the Windows 10 PC, it is now having the wireless receiver functionality for Miracast. This feature will allow you to view the Android screen on your PC. In this article, we will discuss casting Android screen to PC in simple steps.
Guide to Turn on Miracast Receiver in PC:
- Before you start casting Android screen to your PC, you need to enable Miracast receiver on your Windows PC. Read the following headlines carefully before casting the Android screen to your PC.
- Open the start menu on your Windows PC and locate the connect application on the list.
- Click on the connect app in order to open root in your PC.
- Now you get to see a message on the screen after the application opens up in a PC.
- Now you are ready to cast Android screen to your windows PC.
Guide to Cast Android Screen to PC:
In order to cast your Android screen to your Windows PC, your Android device needs to have inbuilt casting feature. It is entirely depending on the manufacturer of the Android device. If your Android device is running on Android 8.0 or above, then the in-built casting feature is not available in your Android device. In case you are running on Android 7.0 or below then you need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- Go to the Android settings from the app list of your Android device. You can even bring down the notification panel and tap on the settings icon from there.
- After you have opened the settings page, select the display option and from there go to the cast. Different Android device manufacturers arrange there settings page according to them so your menu might be different compared to the stock Android devices.
- On that page, you need to tap on the menu to activate enable wireless display check box.
- Once you do that, you will get to see the name of the PC appear in the list of the connect app page.
- Tap on the PC name on the screen of the Android phone to start casting your Android screen. Always remember to keep your connect app opened in your windows PC.
- You need to close the settings page of your Android device in order to start casting your Android screen. Due to some security reasons, your Android settings screen will not start casting in your windows PC.
- After your Android screen is successfully casting on your Windows PC, you will get a notification about the connection is established between the two devices.
- Notification will open up which will display a message “Protected content can’t be displayed, and you can use the mouse on your PC to control the Android device screen”. Now you can start browsing your Android device directly from your windows PC.
- To stop the screen casting, you just need to close the connect app window which will automatically stop displaying the Android device screen remotely.