How Much Data Does Amazon Prime Video Use
Amazon Prime Video is one of the most popular streaming platforms available out there. The platform is offering a bunch of TV shows, Movies, and Amazon original shows for us to watch. And most of us are in love with these series. But as are tied with a data limit, hence many people have this question like how much data does amazon prime video use?
Indeed this one is an important question since data plans are pretty expensive, and we do not wish to overspend it. Hence, to help you out, I am going to answer this question in this article.
So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
How Much Data Does Amazon Prime Video Use?
One of the first things that you should remember that the data consumption depends from device to device. So this means, if you are going to stream a video in the same quality in two other devices, you might get to see different data consumption rates.
Also, mobile devices will use slightly fewer data compared to desktop devices, smart TVs at the same quality. Moreover, there are also multiple possible bitrates to consider within each class of resolutions.
However, to get rough information I have personally tested the app and figured these data out:
- SD (480p): About 800MB per hour
- HD (1080p): About 2GB per hour
- UHD (4K): About 6GB per hour
Check: How much data does PUBG use
However, you should keep in mind that these figures are based on the best quality within your resolution range. If you are on mobile devices, you will get to see a lower data usage if you enable the data saver option from the settings menu. As a result, it will only use about 150 MB of data per hour. Also, the same setting is available for web apps and Android TV. And here is how you can access the settings:
- First of all, sign in to Amazon Video.
- Then play the video that you would like to watch.
- Next, find the Options button and click on.
- Now from under the Video quality, you will find “Good,” “Better,” or “Best”. Choose the quality that you would like to use.
Also, if you are looking for the same setting for mobile devices, then here are all the steps that you will need to follow:
- First of all, launch the Amazon Prime Video app from your device.
- Then go to the settings page.
- Over here, you have to tap on Stream & Download.
- Then tap on streaming quality.
- Finally, you will need to choose between “Data Saver,” “Good,” “Better,” or “Best” and you are all done.
The most question searched on internet at the moment is How Many People Can Watch Amazon Prime at Once. We have shared a complete guide about it. Do check it to see if you can share your prime account with friends or now.
So that was the answer to your How much data does Amazon prime use question. Also, Amazon will automatically switch to the quality, depending on your network speed.
So go ahead and check the app out and see how it is working for you. Also, if you have any more questions to ask, then do feel free to comment below.