Fix: WhatsApp Not Receiving Messages
Whatsapp is one of the widely used messaging platforms. It has billions of users. However, it is quite irritating when face issues with WhatsApp. And one such common issue is the WhatsApp not receiving messages.
Not getting any messages from anyone over WhatsApp is quite irritating and makes you feel like the other person is not interested in chatting. But there can be a lot of reasons why you are facing so.
And in this article, I am going to talk about a couple of hacks that will help you to fix WhatsApp not receiving messages issue.
So here we go:
Why am I not receiving messages on WhatsApp?
If you are not receiving messages on WhatsApp, there is a high chance because of the server issue. Or the issue can be at your side. In most of the cases, you accidentally block the contact. Or the contact has deleted their WhatsApp account.
However, it does not matter what the reason is. Let me just talk about a few things which will help you to troubleshoot the problem. So here we go:
Fix: WhatsApp not receiving messages
Make sure you have not blocked the contact:
One of the main reasons why WhatsApp not reciving messages can cause because you have blocked the content mistakenly. So it would be a good idea to check your block list and see if you have blocked the contact or not. To check your blocked list, you can follow these steps:
- At first launch, WhatsApp.
- Then click on the 3 dot menu and go to Settings.
- Now go to account > privacy.
- Finally, open Blocked contacts and check if you have blocked the person or not.
- If you have blocked the content mistakenly, simply unblock contacts to allow them to send you messages on WhatsApp.
Clear the cache and check the connection:
You can also try clearing cache and check your internet connection. At certain times, different issues occur on WhatsApp because of these. So it would be good to check them out. For this, you can follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Open Manage apps.
- Then look for WhatsApp and open it.
- Tap Storage.
- Clear Data and reboot your device.
You can also try reinstalling the app. There are often times when different issues get fixed by reinstalling an app. And the same might go for WhatsApp as well. So make sure to take a backup of your WhatsApp at first. And then follow these steps:
- Go to settings.
- Then Apps.
- Over here, look for WhatsApp and uninstall the app.
- Simply restart your phone and install the app again from Google Play Store.
Disable Mobile Data limitations
There are certain OEMs that offer pre-add options to disable or limited mobile data. In case if you have enabled such a thing on your device, you might not be able to receive messages on WhatsApp. Hence, I would recommend you to check the settings at first. So for this, you can follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Go to apps and open manage apps.
- Now choose WhatsApp from the list.
- After that, under the Restrict data usage, make sure that both WLAN and Mobile Data are enabled.
- Next, open WhatsApp and click on the 3 dot menu and go to Settings.
- Then choose Data and storage usage.
- Under the Media auto-download section, select what kind of files will be downloaded on Mobile Data, Wi-Fi, and when roaming.
Leave the Beta program
Finally, you should leave the beta program if you have already enrolled in. WhatsApp beta allows users to test WhatsApp new features. So in case WhatsApp not receiving messages is occurring because of a bug.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search for WhatsApp and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Over here, you will find the You’re a beta tester, simply tap on Leave.
- Once you are out of the Beta program, update the app.
Final Words on WhatsApp Not Receiving Messages
So that was the answer to your WhatsApp not receiving messages. Now go ahead and try out the steps and see how it is working for you. Also, if there is anything else you would like to ask, then do feel free to comment below.