How to Fix Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version on Google Play Store
Are you facing the ‘Your Device isn’t Compatible With this Version’ on Google Play Store? If yes, then I am here to help you out.
There are quite a lot of Android users who have reportedly talked about this issue while they tried to download certain Android applications. And this error can be pretty annoying, as you cannot download the app you are looking ahead to download.
Although there are quite a lot of third-party app stores are available. But the security that you get from Google Play Store, you do not get it from anywhere else. So the question is how to fix ‘Your Device isn’t Compatible With this Version’ on Google Play Store?
Well, here is the answer to this question:
Why Am I Seeing The “Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version” Error on Google Play Store?
Before I go ahead and talk about the ways to fix the error. It would be a good idea to find out why we basically get to see the error.
The error may appear because of a bunch of reasons. However, here are some of the top reasons:
1) One of the common reasons behind this error is you are trying to download an application from the Google play store, which is not made for the Android version your device is running on. This means, your Device might be running on an older version of Android.
However, the thing is that most of the Android applications available on the Google Play Store require your Device to run at least on Android 4.1 or above. So it would be a good idea to check out the Android version your device is recommended.
2) The second reason might be appearing because of your device hardware is not supported by the applications. This usually happens when the Device manufacturers opt for different chipsets and hardware components, which might not be quite popular. However, on the other hand, the App developers only choose to optimize their apps for the popular chipsets. This thing is pretty common when you try to download games on your Android device.
Also, in case if both of these reasons are not applicable in your case. Then there is a high chance that there are some bugs in the Google Play Store app or in your Device. Anyway, below are the steps which you can follow to fix the issue:
How to fix ‘Your Device isn’t Compatible With this Version’ on Google Play Store
- First of all, clear the Google Play Store from running in the background on your device.
- Next, launch the Settings app from your device.
- Now go to the Application Manager option.
- Over here, look for the Google Play Services and tap on it.
- Finally, tap on the Clear Cache button. And the launch Google Play Store again and see if it has fixed the issue or not.
In case if you have recently updated the Google Play Store app. There is a high chance that you are getting the error because of some new updates. In this case, you can try deleting the updates. For this follow these steps:
- At first, go to the settings.
- Then go to the Application Manager.
- Over here, you have to look for the Google Play Store and tap on it.
- Next, tap on the “Uninstall Updates” button.
- Then click on the OK button, and this will delete all the recent updates. Once done, check if you are getting the same error again or not.
In order to follow this method, your device needs to be rooted with SuperSu. If your device is not rooted, then you should not follow these.
- First of all, you will need to download the Market Helper for Android Apk.
- Then follow all the screen instructions and install the app on your device.
- Next, you will need to launch the device.
- Now from the drop-down list, you will need to choose any of the latest Android devices from the provided options.
- Then click on the Active button and all the permission that the app asks you for.
- Wait for the “Activated Successfully” message to appear to your screen.
- Then launch the Google Play Store app, and you should be able to download your favorite apps without any issues.
In case, if you get any message saying “this item is not available in your current country”. Then you can try downloading a free VPN application like Windscribe on your device and then try to download the app, and it should work for you.
This method that I am going to talk about is only preferably supporting Samsung Android devices. But you can execute the same steps for any other devices. But it works well with Samsung devices only.
Also, before you proceed ahead with these steps, you need to make sure that your phone is rooted. Anyway, you can follow these steps over here:
- First of all, you have to check online and find the exact model number of the latest Android device released by your device’s manufacturer. Also, the device that you are going to select makes sure it is available in your location. After that, copy the exact model number.
- Next, you will need to download and install the ES file explorer app on your device from the Google Play Store.
- Next, launch the ES File Explorer app.
- Now under the tools section of the app, you have to enable the “Root Explorer” and the “Show Hidden Files” feature.
- Next, under the page with the name of “/”, you have to find a file named as “System”.
- Now you have to find a file named “build.prop” and then rename this file to “xbuild.prop”.
- Next, you will need to copy the renamed file and paste the file into the SD storage space of your Android device.
- Then open the copied file using the ES Note Editor App.
- When the file opens up, you will need to enter the model number that you have copied in the first step. You will need to paste the model number after these following commands:
“ro.product.model=enter model number here”
“ro.product.name= enter model number here”
“ro.product.device= enter model number here”
“ro.build.product= enter model number here”
- Now you will need to enter any of the latest Android version numbers after the “ro.build.version.release=”field.
- Then you have to save all the changes that you have.
- Next, you will need to go to the “/” page and the “System” file in it.
- Over here, you have to find the “xbuild.prop” file and rename it to “build.prop”.
- Next, copy and paste the file to the SD Storage space.
- Now you have to change the permissions of the file. Give “Read” permissions to “Owner”, “Group” and “Other”, “Write” permission to only “Owner” and do not give “Execute” permissions to any.
- Next, save all the changes and reboot your device.
Once done, go ahead and try downloading Apps from the Google Play Store app, and the error should be fixed by now. Also, in case if you get the “Item Is Not Available for your Country” error, then do try to use a VPN application.
Final Words on How to Fix Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version
So that was the answer to your How to fix Your Device isn’t Compatible With this Version on Google Play Store question. Go ahead and check these steps out and see how it is working for you. Also, for any questions, do feel free to comment below, and I will surely help you out.